I'm a Christmas day new signee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Christmas day new signee

I just heard about this bulletin and had to sign up.
    I'm in the USA, Illinois to be specific. I'm on my 2nd velo, a 1958 venom. My 1st was a 49 KSS racer that I never rode, my purpose in getting it was to find someone who would put it back on the track, then find my 2nd velo and make it my vintage rider- mission accomplished. I'm back to motorcycling after about 45 years off and feel I'm doing the right thing, all be it I'm 70+. Was lucky enough to find my venom on Ebay for a fair price, and many parts to go with it. Even tho its unseasonable warm here my venom is put up for the winter and my sights are set on bring it back to life in spring, cant wait.

Great to have you with us... Nice VM.

Comment

Welcome aboard..... nice Venom !.... I'm North Carolina .... 1957 Venom project bike.

Comment

Looks very clean and well prepped. I wonder how it started it's life, have you got reference for engine and numbers so you can check? The tank is off a Scrambler. But 'vive la difference' eh? (Who's counting rivets!) Roll on spring so you can start on it!

Comment

• rgsrob
          rgsrob commented
          Editing a comment
          The scrambler/endurance tank was fitted as standard to a few Venoms destined for Canada and possibly the states

It came with an Indian repro tank, that looked just fine when I picked it up,,,,,250 miles later, on a trailer and some fairly rough roads, it had bubbles in the paint and the interior coating was coming loose. I feel I was lucky to find this original paint tank that is in superb condition, for a fair price. Only have about 50 miles on it myself, got it late in the summer, but it works extremely well.

Comment

Even if it's not 'model original' the Scrambler tank looks very handsome with the big chrome panels, and it's great that it's in good nick.
          One hears plenty of feedback re: Indian repro tanks, good and bad, (probably more bad than good), so it may be luck of the draw. I personally hate tank 'liners' because they're so difficult to clean out when they fail as yours has.
          But it may be worth you doing a major resto on it sometime, stripping it inside and out. If I were doing it again I'd chemically strip as much as I could, then cut a section out of the underside so I could have it thoroughly pressure blasted inside.

Comment

Great to have you with us! Huge respect for getting back into 2 wheels at your time of life, you won't regret it!

Comment

She's original then... Even better!

Comment

Working...
              X