Thruxton rear mudguard stays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thruxton rear mudguard stays

I have loosely fitted the rear mudguard stays .... the elongated main stay, and the short, curved piece that I believe fits midway along the main piece .... does anyone have a photo, or a parts diagram showing the arrangement .... as it sits right now it does not look at all correct . My parts book does not show any frame / mudguard sections for Thruxton models. Thanks

If the long stay you are referencing is the main tubular loop and the short curved tubular item sound correct. It is not unheard of for the the main loop to have the mounting tubes incorrectly located. These are the tubes thru which the long 5/16 bolts clamp the cross tube and also clamp the rear mounts for the seat. Velocette liked to multi task most fittings.
    Perhaps post a picture of what you have?

Comment

Hi Rob, I finally got the brackets sorted, the short curved bracket just looked way out of place in an almost vertical position, but I guess that is what Velo intended, I don;t have a seat for the bike yet, looking at the bracket arrangement, it looked too high for a seat to fit properly .... next purchase will have to be a seat I guess !..... anyone out there with a " spare " Thruxton seat ! ??

Comment

Bryan Walters is selling a brand new Thruxton seat. Trouble is, it's inAustralia.

Comment

Hmm.... shipping would be as expensive as UK shipping ....unless , I take a trip to see my friend in Melbourne !!.. now it's getting really pricey !.

Comment

Ahh yes, but think of the company!!!

Comment

Get thee behind me Satan !...

Comment

Working...
              X