No announcement yet.

Front brake torque arm dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: adjustment, you'll probably get a lever with cable adjustment at the lever end, but you could always also use a Velo clutch cable, which also has the 'midway' adjuster. The combination of the two I'm sure would give enough adjustment. Though not super heavy it should be quite adequate. Just an idea.

Comment

My handlebar levers are ball end type with a star shaped adjuster, I have e-mailed my pal in the UK who runs a Venom Thruxton and asked him what cable he is using on the front brake...waiting for a reply on that. Thanks for the interesting note on the Velo cable !.

Comment

Hi limeyrider, I did this conversion a while back, worked very well, I eventually got a velo wheel and sold the Norton TLS. I DO have the axle and the toque arm I made up to locate on the special peg on the velo fork as well as the cable and the special adjuster mount. This item replaces the standard Norton cable mount.You can have it all for $50 plus postage from Canada. I think I have a spare velo locating peg which accepts the plate i made up, R ob

Comment

The torque arm is actually a torque plate with a square hole filed in to fit the torque peg that is the standard velo fork fitting,.Cable adjuster is in stainles and bolts inthe hole left when you remove the Norton fitting.

Comment

Way cool Rob ! .... I would not need the wheel spindle, the one I have in the hub now fits fine ..... although I have made up the torque arm .... see the photo .... your plate retains the Velo stud , more desirable than a shoulder bolt that I was planning on using !. The cable and adjuster will save me some hassle too !.
            I would have to send you a US postal money order .... that work for you ?, and an exchange of addresses would be needed ! .

Comment

Hi LR excuse the shortform-- I know I did some machining on the Norton spindle-cannot remember why-anyway it goes with the package unless you definitely do not need it.
              I will get to the Post office and get mailing cost- Not sure how we do secure addresses/or emails these days-But postal code will do for cost estimate.. cheers Rob-

Comment

OK Rob.... no problem taking the Norton spindle .... might come in handy for some other project.

Comment

Ok agreed I have the package together includes axle, axle chromed Nut, dust cover and split bush for velo LH fork leg plus the torque plate, cable and adjuster mount-.
                  Just need a hint of where it is going
                  Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X