Pressed Steel type brake lever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed Steel type brake lever?

I should really get one of these. Back in the 70's when I restored my Clubman, the platers lost my rear brake lever (the klutsy pressed steel type used by some early Velos plus the Mk1 Clubman). At the time they were unavailable, so I adapted a 450 Ducati one. But I should do the right thing now, or else I might get stopped at the pearly gates and asked for an explanation.
    Someone here mentioned that they might have one, but I've lost track of the post. Groves have them, at a price, (We nearly always have to double the cost because of postage) but anyway...)

Hi Jools, if you mean the brake pedal lever not the lever on the the brake plate -I do have a couple in my spares box.
    (rgsrob) getting it to you is probably the biggest challenge :

Comment

Hi Rob, can you give me some idea how much you'd want for it? Yes the brake pedal lever - the bit you put your foot on.
      (Yes I know postage from the US can be expensive).

Comment

Hey Jools, Canada is not yet a US territory but who knows down the road? I want $20 bucks US for the lever- you can have a chrome one or a black one.
        my email is [email protected]

Comment

my postal code for checking postal cost would be N3R7C7 that is ontario Canada.

Comment

Cheers Rob ... canuck... ok ( been there, Montreal mainly, and had a great time there). Yes you lot will probably be subsumed at some stage, probably so will we! (But I'd better not get political).
            Uncle Norm has found a rough brake pedal which may do the job, same price but without the postage, so I'll check that out first. Cheers mate, if that doesn't work out I'll be naggin' back at ya!
            Cheers.

Comment

51 MAC picture

Comment

Ok - actually got a picture to load- probably in the wrong place - baby steps!

Comment

Rob thanks so much for your offer, but lucky for me uncle Norm has turned one up for me here, so no postage problems. Cheers buddy.

Comment

Working...
                  X