What other bikes do people run then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What other bikes do people run then?

Aside from my Viper, I've got a Guzzi LeMans Mk2, a Guzzi V50 Monza, a Honda BROS 650 (being butchered into a track bike), and a Kasawaki ZX7r that I've put nearly 55,000 miles on, but the London ULEZ rules are putting the clamps on commuting now, so I might get something outrageous like a Panigale.... cos it's compliant... even if it does burn twice as many dinosaurs per mile.

For some reason, I'm expecting to see a few Guzzis here. (Maybe its the air-cooled pushrod thing?)
    Here's a snap of my 7r going over some endless mountain pass in Andorra.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	z7 andorra.png
Views:	79
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	365
    joolstacho
    what have you got?

Me? TBH I'm past my 'full-on' riding days. A stuffed back doesn't help, (especially with kickstarting - hence my 'daily ride' GS500). As well as my VM Clubman and KSS Swing-arm project (nearly finished), in the 'hangar' is my Super Rocket RGS Clone, a Suzukis - GT500, a GS500, SV650, trials bikes: TL, TY, GasGas, a little old '68 Suzi AS50. (I share a few of these with offspring!) Notable past bikes include 3 Commandos, a Bonnie, Ducati 450 desmo, VFR750, GSXR Slabbie, RZ Yammies.
    There may be some 'sympatico' between Velo and Guzzi, I've met a few lads with both.

Last edited by joolstacho; 11-04-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Currently one other bike a '98 pre injection R1, polar opposite to the velo, one thing in common is they were once race bikes.

Past rides are 97 TL1000s, 94 GSXR750, 90 GS500E, '83 Honda CG125 and countless Honda C90's.

Comment

I have : 2 Benelli Dynamos; a Wards Riverside 450SS (a re-badged Benelli Fireball); a Gilera 124; a Moto Parilla 250 Tourist; a Moto Parilla 250 Wildcat; a Triumph 250; a Suzuki 250; a BSA 441, a BSA B50, a Velocette Venom Endurance; a BSA Spitfire, a Norton Atlas and a Triumph Trident. Everything is in working order except one of the Dynamos and the Gilera which are relatively recent acquisitions. I am not wealthy, everything has been accumulated over the years, usually cheaply and needing work, and I rarely sell anything.

Ed from NJ

Comment

Vincent of course! my twin cost me £65

Comment

• joolstacho
            joolstacho commented
            Editing a comment
            Picture please oldcammy (or as they say, 'it didn't happen')

Yer tis

Comment

WOW! Love that thing!

Comment

Talking of Vincents. Phil Irving was a local boy here, and he was largely responsible for that Vincent design masterpiece. He also worked at Hall Green for a while.
              I once found him in the Melbourne 'Technical Bookshop', upstairs in the Motorcycle books section, shuffling copies of 'Tuning For Speed' to the front of the shelves.

Comment

My Viper is kept company by an eclectic selection of machinery. Starting with my most recent purchases, a 2005 MV 750 Brutale and a 2018 Royal Enfield Pegasus. Then the rest of the bunch, in no particular order, a 1955 G80S Matchless, 1975 Ducati 750 Sport (round case bevel twin), 1965 BSA Bantam D7, 1952 Vincent Rapide, 1989 Ducati 851 Kit, 1976 Ducati 450 SCR, Condor Ducati 350 Swiss Military, 1976 MZ 125 Alpine (new, never registered), 1976 Honda C70, 1972 Mobylette Moped, 1979 Sanglas 500 S2 V5. All of this bunch has been acquired over many years, fortunately, because alot of them have now reached such heady prices that I would never be able to afford them now!
                Also, I had the misfortune to have 6 other bikes stolen from a storage container 3 years ago under dubious circumstances involving the owner of the land I rented the container from. They were regretably not insured so it is a total loss and it's very doubtful I'll ever see them again. I did report it to the police and DVLA have been informed, but I doubt anyone would be stupid enough to try and claim logbooks or to re-register them. There were some very rare machines amongst them including a 1938 Triumph Tiger 80, the loss of that one in particular really pisses me off!

Comment

I am new to the classic bike world by just acquiring my 59 Venom. Years of sports bikes culminating in Ducati 1098 S then some BMW tourers led to a Nine T. I now have a Honda CRF 250L that is idea for the Isle of Skye where I keep it and the North Coast 500 route that is near to hand. Inspired by those on this thread who have brought all their dreams to life in their garage.

Name:	60864D27-E2E3-4FAE-86BC-9645594C243F.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	6.62 MB
ID:	606
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now that's one hell of a view. Wonder if any soft southern Velo types (like me) are up for a summer Skye Velo meet.
                    All we need is... a cafe... and a pub...
                    I expect they could be the same place, if its raining.

Comment

Name:	RHS MAY 2012 B.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	336.3 KB
ID:	639Click image for larger version

Name:	YAM fam 2 (1024x518).jpg
Size:	420.7 KB
ID:	640
                      My current modern is a BMW F800GS. Bought it new in late 2010. Does nothing great but everything OK. Reliable as. Gets ridden most weeks.
                      Slightly older is my 1984 Yamaha TT600L, which I restored a few years back and provides some fun around our farm. Pictured here with my now sold YZ465 & IT200L. Have a few 1970's projects underway, and some finished. 1970 Suzuki TS90 (my first bike), and 4 x Gemini 50 & 65 cc mini bikes (I learnt to ride on one of these). They are just something different after years of moderns and performance bikes.

Name:	Hugh PG.JPG
Size:	257.0 KB
ID:	641Click image for larger version

Name:	RHS FR 10.06 email.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	642
                      Had a few Ducatis until recently and enjoyed plenty of track days on my 900SS and 999S, but family and finances have gotten the better of me. Sold to pacify the management when I bought a 1968 Mustang GT390 Fastback to restore as my "Bullitt" replica...

Before that many various things. Kwaka Ninjas, various new Jap MX and Enduro bikes such as RM's, KDX's, DR's, XR's etc. I began riding as a wee country boy so did the common thing of junior MX racing into seniors and enduros before some road racing in my 20's etc. In my 50's a Velo rigid fits me just right.
                      Last edited by RigidMSS; 12-07-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X